Friday, February 19, 2016

Soft as a babies bottom

I have struggled constantly for many years with my skin. Acne and more so, blemishes. I have very dry yet oily skin which I find quite difficult to find skin care which suits this combination.

I'm always looking for skin care products which work for my skin which has been a hard task. I have made it harder for myself as I've never really wanted to put much effort in to my routine. Now I'm in my twenties I realise how important a good skin care routine is and also how important it is to put more effort in.

A while back I made a promise to my self that no matter how tired I am after work or regardless how I'd much prefer to do anything else I will always avoid using baby wipes to remove my make up. Baby wipes were always my go to as they was by far the quickest option. This way I could take my make up off in bed checking twitter or catching up on You Tube, best of both worlds! I always knew this wasn't the smartest choice but yet I carried on.

Just by simply changing from make up wipes to a skin care routine has improved my skin incredible amounts.

 Fakebake spray tan:

I now avoid make up wipes completely and have introduced a 3 step skincare routine. I've opted for something which isn't too time consuming. Simply by using a toner, cleanser and moisturiser. Each of these are for my skin type and applied with a cotton wool pad as I try to avoid touching my face with the amount of bacteria your hands carry. 

Since changing to this routine I haven't had any trouble with spots and even though I still have blemishes, it has noticeably calmed the blemishes which is more than I expected. My skin feels a million times better and make up application is a lot smoother too which is a huge bonus.

My favourite products are mostly drug store. I cannot notice much difference between luxury and drug store skin care products other than the price. My toner is the Body Shop. Cleanser is Nivea and moisturiser is Neutrogena.

Just to add, we all still know that no matter what skin care routine you choose the key to clear skin is drinking plenty of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment